Thursday 19 July 2007

Making lists


In order to try and become a freelance photographer I have had to take stock of what I want to and am able to do. With two young children at home I have limited time at the moment, which will change once no. 2 goes to school (another year). So I have lists and lists of ideas for money making schemes that will take up minimal time. Given that I love photography and want to be taking photos all the time, this isn't too much of a chore, but I also have to be realistic. Here is my current list:

1. Picture agencies
2. Selling prints (via Etsy, exhibitions etc.)
3. Selling postcards (Etsy, local bookshops and artshops)
4. Environmental portraits
5. Competitions
6. Running workshops (school's activities weeks)

These 6 things are all ideas that give me scope to work when I am able to and yet, hopefully gain some income. I'll post some more lists tomorrow. My notebook is full of them.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan (your list) - btw, that picture is supercute! I think it would make a nice card :)

    ♥ Angie

    ps I'm visiting via your forum post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I love these...reminds me of when I was a kid...Welcome to the blog world, came to you through Filmwasters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Angela and Phil, I have a series of sweets photos. I'm still trying to lose the weight I put on while taking them ;)

    ReplyDelete