Thursday 20 November 2008

A passion rekindled


At the risk of doubling up on blog posts, I wanted to post this image as it is one of the only non-digital ones that I have taken recently. I took it during this week's pinhole camera workshop, which I taught at a local school. After watching the students making cameras and taking fantastic shots, I felt I needed to do it myself. I had the perfect box to use, it was small, plastic and had only one opening through which light might leak. Loaded with paper (which I rated at 12asa) and with an F-stop of 38, this image needed only 1 minute of exposure. And that was it, I'm in love with pinhole photography again. My brain is teaming with ideas about what to do with it. By the way, the small black shape in the background is one of my students, posing for her pinhole camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment